29 March, 2010

This day has been super. I crashed hard yesterday in work attire and everything at 1130 and I successfully woke up at 630 this morning, took a piping hot shower, got dressed, got my crap together, and headed to the caf to have some quiet time and breakfast. I got a baby baby bowl of yogurt and granola, a boiled egg, and a biscuit with sausage, skim milk, and water. super. I had time to read my devotional which was about praying, and lately I've been questioning how to pray and if what I'm praying for is stupid or allowed-how retarded of me, but I will say, when you neglect something for so long, you doubt yourself. To say the least, I've been putting my relationship with Christ on the back burner, and life has sucked. I want quiet time in the morning to to become a habit. I went to church last night, and I was totally out of it; I didn't get anything out of it, and I have no one to blame but yours truly. I don't know what's wrong with me! I've missed tutoring since spring break- that's like 3 weeks? gross. That's not commitment to the kids, and that doesn't reflect well on me either.
I got to class, and I was so alert and awake for once!

Anyway, I found out like 10 minutes ago that Dr. Weatherby just passed away. This really breaks my heart.
he was such a wonderful professor, told such interesting stories, didn't give a crap about what anybody though. He had traveled all over the world, taught at Cambridge for Pete's sake, and has a giant metal giraffe in his backyard. My all time favorite line would be, "all you can do in the winter is drink and raise hell". you will be missed sir.

No comments: