09 September, 2007

well i know i want to teach.
i think younger kids. like 3rd or 4th grade.
mexico.
every thanksgiving for the past 2 years, i've been going to montemorellos mexico on a mission trip w/ my church.
i always loved it, but i never thought it would have such an impact on me.
the closer i realize november is, the more excited i get.
this past wednesday, my mom was telling me that the sunday before, terry told her that he could really tell that i had a heart for mexico. he knew that i wasn't just there to be there. there was somthing. i couldn't help but cry.
and this morning in chruch, terry made an announcement about mexico coming up really soon, and then said that during worship he got this little word that goes something like this.
whenever we go to mexico and we make 5000 christmas bags, that is joy. that is worship unto our father. something that is so meaningful to those children. something that may be the only thing those kids may receive throughout the entirety of the year.
tears.
i'm always unsure of what the future may hold for me. but the lord is my shepherd. he guides me. he has a plan and a future for me. and for whatever reasons, right now i think that mission teaching is my path. that may change. it could just be a whim. a calling for this day. a feeling. just a heart for it.

1 comment:

Sara Triana said...

i think that you have a healthy perspective on calling. you know care about that segment of the world, and you could see it develop into a life directing passion, or evolving into something else. that's nice. i'm glad you are blogging.